COVID-19 Visitation Information for Guardians
Advisement Date: March 17, 2020
Adobe Mountain School Families
The Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections is committed to updating our families as new information comes to light regarding COVID-19. Your child’s health and safety is our top priority. To that end, we are taking precautionary steps to protect the youth at Adobe Mountain School from coming into contact with this disease.
In an effort to continue to keep youth safe, we have made the difficult decision to suspend visitation for the next 30 days, effective immediately. We are in the process of developing a plan to increase the number of phone calls each youth will be allowed per week. In addition, we plan to provide video visitation to those families who chose to utilize this option. More information regarding these plans will be provided soon.
For specific questions, please contact your child’s Case Worker.
We urge you to please continue to practice healthy hygiene habits and prevent the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Washing your hands throughout the day with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or with your elbow or shoulder.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- Disinfecting common spaces and surfaces.
Our response to COVID-19 may evolve as we learn more about this disease and its spread. For more information and the latest updates, please visit the Arizona Department of Health and the CDC website.