Thank you for your interest in the Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections. Our focus is on rehabilitative services that enable juveniles to successfully transition back to the community so that they may lead productive, responsible lives. You can be a part of this dynamic agency that is devoted to changing the delinquent thinking and behaviors of juvenile offenders.
The recruitment process for Youth Corrections Officer positions may be initiated by contacting our Employment Recruitment at (602) 364-1023. To discover various other positions within our agency, please visit the State of Arizona Government Jobs website by clicking the logo below, selecting "Search for Jobs" and entering the letters "ADJC" in the keyword search field.
Pursuant to ADJC Policy 2007, the Department shall provide equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, pregnancy, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal law, state law, or regulation. It is the policy of the Department that all individuals are treated in a fair and non-discriminatory manner throughout the application pre and post-employment process.
The Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections provides benefits to all employees in accordance with Arizona Department of Administration rules, state and federal laws. Employee benefits include various
| || || || || |
| ||INSURANCE BENEFITS|
- Medical Insurance - There are options for employees and their eligible dependents with multiple networks throughout the state. The State offers EPO, PPO, and HSA plans. Premiums start at $18.46 for single and $102.00 for family per pay period.
- Dental Insurance - Employees may select either a prepaid dental plan or an indemnity plan for themselves and their eligible dependents. Premiums start $1.86 for single and $6.12 for family per pay period.
- Vision Care - Premiums start at $1.84 for single and $7.43 for family.
- Corrections Officer Retirement Plan (CORP) - CORP offers a 25 year retirement plan.
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) - Provides lifelong benefit based on years of service earned and your ending salary.
- Deferred Compensation Plan - Optional 457 plan.
| ||SHORT TERM, LIFE, FLEX SPENDING|
- Short Term Disability - Optional - Premium based on pay rate.
- Life Insurance - $15,000 of basic life insurance for all eligible employees, paid by the State. Employees may purchase additional supplemental life insurance.
- Dependent Life Insurance - Optional life insurance is available for eligible dependents.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Allows you to set aside pretax dollars to pay medical expenses and/or child/adult care expenses.
- Holiday Leave - 80 hours of holiday leave accrual, per year.
- Sick Leave - 12 days per year. No maximum accrual.
- Vacation Leave - Accrued based on years in service.
| || || || || |