The Inspections Unit is responsible for ensuring that staff adhere to department policies and procedures and coordinates the implementation of the Department's quality assurance programs.
Secure Care Audits and Inspections
- Inspectors conduct formal audits of Adobe Mountain School throughout the year. During these audits, Inspectors monitor and review compliance of a variety of operational, educational, and treatment policies and procedures, as well as coordinate all quality assurance activities in the facility. Corrective action plans are developed to address any deficiencies identified by these audits. The Inspections Unit conducts follow-up audits to determine whether the deficiencies were fully addressed.
Detention Center Inspections
- In accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes § 8-306 the Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections (ADJC) conducts semi-annual inspections of thirteen Arizona County Detention Centers that house delinquent youth under the age of 18 years old. The Arizona Supreme Court, Administrative Office of the Courts, and County Detention Center Standards are used to evaluate the condition and operation of the facilities. Within ten (10) working days, the ADJC inspector provides a written report to the presiding judge of the juvenile court of the conditions and operations of the detention center, including recommendations for improvement. The inspector follows up with the detention center at subsequent audits. Additionally, a copy of the report is filed with the County Board of Supervisors. The method of inspections consists of:
- Review of applicable policy and procedure documents
- Examination of related reports and documentation
- Interviews with detention personnel and detainees
- Direct observation of conditions and operations within the facility