- Visitors will identify themselves and the youth they are requesting to visit.
- All visitors and children over the age of 12 will be required to be on the Authorized Visitation Record, show picture identification, clear through a metal detector, and are subject to search. Proper identification is defined as a current driver's license, identification card, military identification card, school identification card, or any current identification card which contains a photograph.
- All personal and food items brought into the facility are also subject to search.
- Any visitor on probation or parole must have written permission from their Probation or Parole Officer prior to submitting an application for visitation.
- Persons not authorized to visit must leave the grounds (including the parking lot).
- Anyone loitering may result in being asked to leave the parking lot and termination of the visit.
- There will be NO swapping of visitors in mid-visitation and once a visitor leaves the facility, they may not re-enter.
- Permitted items include a required picture identification card, vehicle keys, up to ten (10) dollars in coins, emergency prescription medication in original container and ONLY for the quantity required during visitation period.
- No food or drinks will be allowed to be taken to the housing unit by youth or staff.
- Inappropriate behavior or language will not be tolerated and the visitation will be subject to cancellation.
VISITATION DRESS CODE
Visitor dress code applies to both males and females when visitation is taking place. Skirts and dresses are allowed and must be knee length or longer. Shirts must have sleeves. Shoes must be worn at all times. Below is a list of clothing items NOT permitted to be worn by visitors. Visitors who are inappropriately dressed will not be allowed to visit. Any clothing or style of wearing articles of clothing that promotes gang affiliation or is in questionable taste shall not be permitted. Visitors will be allowed to return once the clothing issue is corrected.
- Bare feet
- Bare midriffs
- Body suits
- Clothing, jewelry, accessories, or style of wearing said items that promotes gang affiliation, violence, alcohol or other drugs
- Exposed cleavage (females)
- Exposed sexually explicit or gang tattoos
- Exposed undergarments
- Muscle shirts
- Sheer, see-through clothing
- Short shorts, jogging shorts, or mini skirts
- Spaghetti straps
- Tank tops or swimsuits for either men or women
- Tube tops